Defensive Driving School offers the 5 Hour pre-licensing class every Saturday and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month in Central Islip. In Huntington Station the class is given every Thursday and the 1st, 2nd, and last Saturday of the month. *Please check individual class schedules for exceptions or last minute changes.
After you have a New York State Learner’s permit, you must complete a state mandated 5 hour pre-licensing course. Once you complete this course, you will be provided with a valid form MV-278 certificate which will enable you to schedule take your DMV road test… and get your drivers license!
During our pre-licensing course, you will learn about:
- Defensive driving techniques developed to keep you safe on the road
- The effects of various restraining devices during a collision
- How alcohol and drugs impair your ability to drive safely
- How your mental state, level of fatigue, and driving skills are related to driver safety
- The DMV “point” system and how it relates to your car insurance
- The state and national transportation system
- How the laws of physics relate to safely operating a motor vehicle
- What actions you should take if you are involved in a collision
So what are you waiting for? This class is required for anyone in New York State who is trying to get their drivers license — so check out our class schedule below and sign up today!
→ Yes Gracie the 5 Hour Class IS 5 Hours long. 🙄
1st and 3rd Tuesday
of the month
|5:30pm - 10:30pm||Central Islip|
|10am - 3pm||Central Islip|
1st, 2nd & last Saturday of the month
|10am - 3pm|| Huntington Station|
|5:30pm - 10:30pm||Huntington Station|
* SEE NOTE ABOVE