Defensive Driving School offers the 5 Hour Pre-licensing Class every Saturday and the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month in Central Islip. In Huntington Station the class is given every Thursday (except the last Thursday) and the 1st, 2nd, and last Saturday of the month.
After you have a New York State Learner’s permit, you must complete a state mandated 5 hour pre-licensing course. Once you complete this course, you will be provided with a valid form MV-278 certificate which will enable you to schedule take your DMV road test… and get your drivers license!
During our pre-licensing course, you will learn about:
- Defensive driving techniques developed to keep you safe on the road
- The effects of various restraining devices during a collision
- How alcohol and drugs impair your ability to drive safely
- How your mental state, level of fatigue, and driving skills are related to driver safety
- The DMV “point” system and how it relates to your car insurance
- The state and national transportation system
- How the laws of physics relate to safely operating a motor vehicle
- What actions you should take if you are involved in a collision
So what are you waiting for? This class is required for anyone in New York State who is trying to get their drivers license — so check out our class schedule below and sign up today!
→ Yes Gracie the 5 Hour Class IS 5 Hours long. 🙄
* THE 5 HOUR CLASS SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 16, 2017 IN HUNTINGTON STATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
1st and 3rd Tuesday
of the month
|5:30pm - 10:30pm||Central Islip|
|10am - 3pm||Central Islip|
1st, 2nd & last Saturday of the month
|10am - 3pm|| Huntington Station|
Every Thursday except the last Thursday of the month
* SEE NOTE ABOVE
|5:30pm - 10:30pm||Huntington Station|